Friday, October 1, 2010

OH MY! Baz Lurhmann to Direct Great Gatsby with DiCaprio

Just saw on /Film that Baz Lurhmann is set to direct a version of F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby with Leonardo DiCaprio. For the record I love Baz. Apparently he made a statement at The Social Network premier saying:


"I’ve got two [pictures] going. One is a musical and one is a period work, both based in New York City, and I’m about to make that decision. I’ve got the script for both of them and I’m making that decision in four to six weeks, no longer than six weeks…’Gatsby,’ it is the Fitzgerald book and I’ve been working on that quite a lot. The other one is also New York based and music-driven and it’s just a question of … what is the next right step for me."


Ummm YES AND YES.  I don't care just do something already. Cannot wait to hear what he chooses. 


Happy moviegoing!

No comments: