Saturday, March 13, 2010

I Finally Saw Anvil: The Story of Anvil

So I finally saw it. I've been meaning to see this film since I first heard about it when I worked at Moving Pictures Magazine over a year ago.  It's bloody AMAZING!

I've added a poster photo, which I usually don't do. But this one I needed to add because I want you to understand that everything it proclaims is true. This film is a masterpiece and is one of the best documentaries about rock n' roll I've ever seen. The fact that a film about metal music brought me to tears is just amazing to think about. The quality level of storytelling here just goes to show how much the spirit of two people never willing to give up their dream is insurmountably across-the-board touching. I can't even begin to tell to explain, you just need to see it. I don't even play an instrument let alone listen to metal music all that much but to see the passion and love these two have for their craft and for their music is just so inspiring.  Best part about it is that they didn't even have much success. They didn't even make it half as much as the people they influenced and inspired.

Just look:


Any music or movie lover should watch this film....STAT!
Hope you like it.
Happy moviegoing!


No comments: